Microchipping and Desexing


Legislation requires that first time registered dogs or cats must be microchipped.

You can have your local vet microchip your pet.

Please bring a copy of the de-sexing certificate, microchipping certificate and a Pensioner Concession card (if applicable) to Council Customer Service when registering your pet.

Council will provide you with a lifetime registration tag that needs to be secured to your pet’s collar.

Please keep your contact details updated at all times to ensure that if your pet is found, it can be returned home promptly.


Pension card holders may be entitled to an Australian Veterinary Association voucher which provides a reduced veterinary fee for de-sexing. This voucher is not issued by council, but by an authorised veterinary. Please contact your preferred vet for further information.