If you are building or changing the way you use your building (residential or commercial) you may need a Building Permit.

Council's Building Department can provide assistance and advice to residents about construction and all related building matters in the Southern Grampians Shire.

Building permits are required to ensure the building complies with the Building Act and National Construction Code(Building Code of Australia and Plumbing Code of Australia). 

Municipal Building Surveyor

Our Municipal Building Surveyor is a registered building practitioner by the Victorian Building Authority and works in conjunction with the Authority as a co-regulator of health, safety and amenity of all buildings across the Shire.

To make a time to visit our Municipal Building Surveyor, or to ask any other building related questions, please contact us. 

The Building Department undertakes regular audits of commercial, industrial and public buildings to ensure that essential safety measures are maintained for those classes of buildings.


Contact Details

1 Market Place Hamilton Vic 3300

Phone: (03) 5573 0253