Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Accommodation Premises and Caravan Parks

Council’s Environmental Health Department inspect prescribed accommodation premises and caravan parks to ensure premises are hygienic, maintained and in a good state of repair.

Prescribed accommodation businesses must be registered with Council and comply with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act (2008). Caravan parks must be registered with Council and comply with the and the Residential Tenancies Act (1997).

Prescribed accommodation businesses include:

  • Hotels
  • Motels
  • B&Bs
  • Hostels
  • Student Dormitories
  • Holiday Camps
  • Rooming Houses
  • Residential Accommodation

Registering an accommodation premises

Council offers businesses a service to review accommodation premises plans prior to registration to assess compliance with the relevant Acts or regulations.

We highly recommend using this free pre-registration service as it can avoid delays and added costs if extra building works or alterations are required to obtain a registration.

To utilise this service, submit the application to register a new or altered accommodation business with the premises plans and applicable fee.

Please contact Council on (03) 5573 0444 if you are:

  • Altering, transferring or have just purchased an existing property that you wish to alter
  • Opening or purchasing an accommodation premises and planning to serve food as part of your accommodation premises. You are required to be registered under Food Act 1984 before you can open your premises.
  • Taking over an existing accommodation business. An inspection is required to ensure that you are aware of any outstanding orders or requirements placed on the business prior to settlement.

Customer Service
1 Market Place
Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0256

Powered by