Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links
Emergency Management

Emergency Management


For all information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, please click here

Current emergency warnings

Click here for the latest emergency warnings

Current weather warnings

What to do in an emergency?

Life-threatening emergencies
If you are in a life threatening situation, you should always call Triple Zero (000) for police, fire or ambulance.

The only way of contacting Triple Zero (000) is with a voice call - you cannot use SMS, email, instant messaging, video calling or social media to contact emergency services via Triple Zero (000).

Be prepared to describe your location as accurately as possible. Your mobile phone only shows the call-takers your billing address, not your current GPS location. And don’t hang up until the call taker tells you to.

The free Emergency+ App is a Triple Zero (000) smartphone app that provides key numbers for the emergency services and displays the GPS coordinates of your location so you can read it out to the emergency operator.

VicEmergency provides up to date information on emergencies by the VicEmergency smartphone app or webpage.

The VicEmergency Hotline 1800 226 226 provides information during and after major incidents in Victoria.
In a situation where you can see or smell smoke, the VicEmergency Hotline can also advise whether or not a planned burn is in progress.

Understanding warnings

Requests for assistance for flood and storm impacts that are not life threatening are reported to SES on 132500.

Remember that your life is more important than any property. Don't take any unnecessary risks.

Who should I call?

Service | Emergency Suggested Contact
Emergencies (life or property are in danger) Phone 000
VicEmergency Hotline (warnings and general information) Phone 1800 226 226
Storm or flood damage Phone SES on 132 500
Missing pets Phone Council on (03) 5573 0444
Counsellors Phone Lifeline on 131 114
Power outage Phone your electricity company, their number should be on your power bill.
Power outage during storms Phone SES on 132 500 they may be able to assist or refer your information to the right person.
Water and sewerage problems Phone Wannon Water on 1300 926 666

Current Road Closures

Motorists are advise to obey road signage and are reminded that it is an offence to drive around road closed signs.

During emergencies such as fire or flood, Regional Roads Victoria is responsible for not only providing information about freeways, highways and major roads impacted, but also local or council roads.

For the latest information on road closures check the VicTraffic website.

To report a hazard, call 13 11 70 or visit

Powered by