Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Kerbside Waste Collection Services

Council provides residents in all towns with a garbage and recycling collection.
Hamilton and Tarrington residents also have the option of a fortnightly organics (food and garden waste) collection.

Click on your town page below to view the collection zones and next pick up date.

Township Collection Services

Council provides weekly garbage and fortnightly recycling collection to households within the townships of Balmoral, Branxholme, Byaduk/Byaduk North, Cavendish, Coleraine, Dunkeld, Glenthompson and Penshurst.

To find your next collection date, refer to your township page above.

Collection services are usually restricted to the township boundaries. However, if you live outside these boundaries, you may contact Council to discuss whether your property can be included in the service.

Please put your bin out the night before, as collection times may vary.

Which bin is which?

Council is phasing in the Australian Standard for kerbside bin colours which is:

Garbage - dark green base with red lid (older bins will have a dark green base and lid)
Recycling - dark green base with yellow lid
Organics - dark green base with lime green lid (older bins will have a maroon base and lime green lid)

To view bin colours click here.

Non-Residential Properties

Commercial and industrial properties, in addition to “not for profit” organisations (including schools, churches, hospitals etc.) may apply to Council for the waste and recycling kerbside service by filling in the Kerbside Collection Application Form.

The organics kerbside collection, is also available to non-residential customers in Hamilton and Tarrington. For more information about the organics service click here.

Bin Notices

Our waste contractor may place a sticker on your garbage, organics or recycling bin to notify you of problems with your bin, such as contamination, access issues or excessive bin weight.

If you have received a sticker on your bin, please make the necessary improvements so that we may continue to service your property.

Reporting a Missed Bin Collection

To report a missed bin, please contact Customer Service on 5573 0444.

Replacing Bins

Bins are the property of the rate-payer. Should your bin be lost or stolen, it will need to be replaced at your cost. Payment for bins can be made at Council's Customer Service at 111 Brown Street, Hamilton.

If your bin is damaged during collection, please contact Customer Service.

For further information on Council Waste Services visit our Waste & Recycling page.

Customer Service
111 Brown Street
Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0444

Powered by