Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Registering a Health Premises (or altering an existing one)

If you are registering a new health business premises or altering an existing one you will need to comply with the regulations from the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and Councils Community Local Law No.1 of 2015. We offer businesses a service to review health premises plans prior to registration to assess compliance with the Act. We highly recommend using this service as it can avoid the risk of delays and extra costs if extra building works or alterations are subsequently needed to obtain registration.

To use the service, submit the application to register a new or alter accommodation with the premises plans and applicable fee. If you are altering, transferring or have just purchased an existing property that you wish to alter, contact Council's Environmental Health Officer on (03) 5573 0256

If you are taking over an existing health business you should contact Councils Environmental Health Officer on (03) 5573 0256 to arrange for a premises inspection to be conducted. This will ensure that you are aware of any outstanding orders or requirements placed on the business prior to settlement.

Contact Council’s Planning, Building and Local Law Departments on (03) 5573 0444 to discuss your proposal as there may be other requirements that need to be met.

Follow this link to return to our Health Premises webpage for Application & Request Forms.

Powered by