Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Chemicals and Hazardous Materials


The Hamilton landfill and our transfer stations do not accept toxic household and farm chemicals. However, you may dispose of these substances at the following annual mobile collections:

  • Ararat in May
  • Horsham in February
  • Portland in September
  • Warrnambool in March

The above locations do, however, have permanent drop-off sites where you can discard paint, batteries and fluoro.

For directions to the annual mobile collections and permanent drop-off sites, please contact the Council on (03) 5573 0444

For information on Sustainability Victoria’s ‘Detox your Home’ Chemical Collection Program, visit the link below.


If you suspect that your waste contains asbestos, please note that the Southern Grampians Shire Council’s collection service does not accept this substance.

Please contact an approved contractor in your local Yellow Pages.

Customer Service
111 Brown Street
Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0444

Powered by